By viewing or using any of the material on our Sites, whether or not you are a subscriber, registered user or merely a visitor who has not subscribed to our Sites, you consent to the collection and use of information from or about you as explained in this Policy. We strongly encourage you to review this Policy from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes or updates. We will try to make you aware of any changes or updates, but it is your sole responsibility to remain aware of any updates or changes made to this Policy. Your continued use of the Sites after changes are made constitutes your acceptance of those changes or updates. If you do not consent to the collection, use and storage of your information in accordance with this Policy, you may not use RightNow Media.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
RightNow Media may collect the following information from or about you.
- Information that you provide to us
- This information might include your name, email address, gender, marital status, birth year, physical address, payment method, telephone number, credit card information, ministry interests or other information given to us when you create an account. It should be noted that any information related to your credit card is only used to fulfill your purchases. We may collect information that you provide when responding to a survey, edit or make changes to your profile or account, or if you contact RightNow Media through customer service or social media.
- Information we collect automatically
- We collect information about your use of the Sites, interactions with our advertisements and the device you are using to view our content. This would include, but not be limited to, the following.
- Your personal activity on our site, which would include title selection, viewer history, content searches, or any other interactions you have on the Sites.
- Interactions with our Customer Service, such as the time, date, reason for contact, identifiable information that we would need to assist you either through email, telephone, and/or social media.
- Device IDs or other unique identifiers, device and software characteristics, connection information, referral URLs, IP address (which could give us your general location), your specific location if you have enabled the device location feature, and other standard browser and standard web server log information.
- Data that was collected and stored within the secure offline playback feature once you are no longer offline and resync with our servers.
- Information from sales
- RightNow Media gathers information through the sale of products. This information includes names, email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, payment details of the purchase, and any other information provided to us to complete the transaction.
- Information from outside sources
- We might supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, including both online and offline data providers. Such supplemental information could include demographic data, interest-based data, and Internet browsing behavior.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
RightNow Media collects and uses your information in order to provide you with the best customer experience possible. These uses may include:
- Providing the RightNow Media Services;
- Contacting you for customer support or promotional purposes;
- Customer service responses;
- Customizing your experience through recommendations or advertising;
- Conducting research;
- Aggregating viewer data based on demographics, geographic location, and profession;
- Preventing or investigating illegal, unauthorized, or fraudulent use of the site;
- Any other uses that would be disclosed to you prior to the time of collection.
4. DISCLOSURE OR SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
In order to provide our users with the best customer experience, we often rely on our relationships with our chosen and vetted business partners. We will not sell, rent or exploit your information, nor choose to work with a third party that would sell, rent or exploit your information for any commercial profit. We share your information for the following reasons.
- Service providers
- We may share the information we collect from you with other companies that provide services for us to enhance the user experience. This may include companies that assist with payment processing, marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize the experience for you (i.e., suggesting studies you may enjoy), to provide customer service, to analyze and enhance data, and to distribute and interpret customer surveys. On occasion we will, by using third-party service providers, give access to your personal information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Promotional Offers
- In the event that we join with a third party to provide promotional opportunities, we may share your name and other information in order to fulfill these offers. Any promotional offer would require you to opt-in and provide permission to us on your behalf at the appropriate and designated time. Registering an account with RightNow Media does not opt you into any promotional opportunities. It is important to remember that these third parties are governed by and responsible for their own privacy practices.
- Business Transfers
- We may also collect information from other sources, including third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this information with the data we have already collected. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and create a more tailored service to you. The types of data we may purchase to supplement everything we currently have could include, but not limited to:
- Business contact information, including mailing addresses, job title, email address, phone number, IP addresses, browsing habits, social handles and profiles, and any other custom profiles compiled by a third party.
- Legal Proceeding
- We will share your data with the appropriate authorities if required to do so to comply with a valid legal proceeding or court order.
5. STORAGE OF YOUR DATA
RightNow Media is committed to keeping and storing your information through accepted practices and to the best of our ability. We use a variety or physical, technical, administrative, logical, and managerial measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, and modification. Only certain vetted RightNow Media employees have limited access to sensitive information from or about you. Only those who have a legitimate reason within the scope of their employment to access your information will be able to do so. Furthermore, we use measures like encryption and hashing to help protect sensitive information when in transmission. We do not store your payment information as we are not allowed to do so. A vetted third-party service provider that is authorized by law handles any financial payment on our behalf.
Please be aware that by letting others use your account, they may be able to view or access information about your account, including some personal information. Unfortunately, regardless of the lengths that we go to in order to keep your data and information secure, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, despite our best efforts using accepted and trusted security measures, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
RightNow Media does not allow children under the age of 13 to register for an account. Any attempt to do so will be denied and the user will not be able to proceed with the registration. The RightNow Media site is not intended for use by children without the involvement and approval of a parent or guardian.
7. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
RightNow Media provides a number of links to other websites that allows you to make purchases. Anytime you click on a link that will direct you away from the Sites and to a third-party website, we will provide you with a notice informing you that you are leaving our website. If you proceed, it is important to remember that you are leaving the RightNow Media service and will not be governed by this Policy, but by a policy of another entity. Please read their privacy policies carefully to find out how they collect and process your personal data.
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization. Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we also use other, similar types of technologies. See below for more information and examples.
Advertising identifiers are similar to cookies and are found on many mobile devices and tablets (for example, the "Identifier for Advertisers" (or IDFA) on Apple iOS devices and the "Google Advertising ID" on Android devices), and certain streaming media devices. Like cookies, advertising identifiers are used to make online advertising more relevant.
RightNow Media uses what is known as essential cookies. These cookies are strictly necessary to provide our website or online service. For example, we and our service providers may use these cookies to authenticate and identify our members when they use our websites and applications, so we can provide our service to them. They also help us to enforce our Terms
, prevent fraud and maintain the security of our service.
We also use performance and functionality cookies. These cookies are not essential but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided. We also use these cookies to collect information such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information about your use of our Site so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies may result in limited functionality of our service.
We also use advertising cookies and advertising identifiers. These cookies and advertising identifiers use information about your use of this and other websites and apps, your response to ads and emails, and to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called "interest-based advertisements." Many of the advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our service providers.
9. POLICIES FOR EU RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of the European Union and, in accordance with the GDPR, would like to know what personal data we have of yours and how we are using it, please contact us at Privacy-Policy@rightnow.org. After an authentication process, we would be happy to correct inaccurate data, answer your questions and process your requests, including the deletion of your data. Also, if you would like to opt-in or opt-out of any of the services we provide or the ways in which we use your personal data, please let us know as we would be happy to assist you with these requests.
10. CONTACT US
If you have any general questions about your account, this Policy, or how to contact Customer Service for assistance, please visit our online help center by clicking here